Our pH Meter is often used to test solutions and mixes or to measure the pH in fish tanks. Before you use the meter, use the powder solution included in the box to calibrate the meter in order to get the most accurate number and data.
The VIVOSUN pH Meter: Calibration and Troubleshooting
Please follow the steps to calibrate your pH Meter
Step 1: Make the pH calibration solution
Find three clean containers and fill them with 250ml of distilled water.
- Mix 3 bags of powder into 3 different containers separately and individually.
- Stir gently until the powder dissolves.
Step 2: Calibration Steps
If the required accuracy is +/- 0.1 pH, please calibrate the pH meter at the 6.86 point. If the required accuracy is +/- 0.01 pH, please calibrate the pH meter at all three points.
Re-calibration is required for the following conditions:
- Lengthy periods of inactivity
- Frequent use (If use the meter frequently, please calibrate the meter every 10 days)
- The test accuracy requirement is very high.
- The “cal” (calibration) button was pushed and the electrode was exposed to air for a long period of time
Always replace protective cap after using digital meter to keep electrode from drying out due to
prolonged exposure to air, which leads to slow or unstable readings.
*If electrode has been dried out, immerse it into distilled water for a few hours.
Display Error Code “0000”
Cause #1: Solution level is over the immersion line, and the test pen body is flooded
Cause #2: Electrodes are broken (the little glasses bulb at the bottom)
Answer: The code “0000” means the pH meter is broken. Please contact VIVOSUN Customer Service for further assistance.
The display number is dim or invisible
Cause #1: Bad Battery Connection
Answer #1: Take the battery out, and leave it for 2-3 minutes. Then put battery back on, restart the tester.
Cause #2: Out of Battery
Answer #2: Change new battery
Word “ERR” flashes on the display
Cause #1: Meter has been calibrated in the air
Cause #2: Meter has been calibrated in the wrong calibration solution
Answer: Re-calibrate the meter
Please stop immerse the pH Meter when reach the immersion line to avoid solution leakage into the body.
1. When testing purified water like spring water or drinking water, it will take longer for the readings to get stabilized (typically 3-5 minutes) because there is very few ions left to be detected by the sensor in those purified water
- 2. If the solution is over the immersion line of the pHmeter, the meter may be broken
The product comes with a 1-year warranty from the date of the purchase. If repair or replacement is required, please contact VIVOSUN customer service to firstname.lastname@example.org. (Warranty does not cover damage due to negligence or erroneous operation by the user)